The Value of a Soul
"THE value of one soul, O Lord
Teach me to see, and as Thy word
Assures me of the awful fate
Born in a nominal Christian family, I didn't know much of the word of God, but the presence of the Bible in our library led me to know how to read and write .One school holy day i took my time to read from Genesis to Deuteronomy, comparing it with Swahili version. This opened my mind and i could excel in school. It was such a miracle. Not only this, but I was so much interested in how I could be a missionary preaching the word of God. In 2009 I was baptised. Upon joining high school, I started preaching. I preached about true baptism. Upon making call 17, students gave their lives and were baptised at Upper Hill, Migori. Going to the school library introduced me to Ellen White books, which I borrowed. The entire 4 years brought a great change in my spiritual life .
2016 was the turning point of my Christian life. We used to meet every Wednesday to study Spirit of Prophecy books, and I became a medical missionary. I was so much interested in sharing the word of God. One day we were doing our mission work with Catholics, and I prayed to God, 'What should I present?' I didn't want any controversial topic, but the book of Romans came into my mind. Praise the Lord, it was such a blessing; those people accepted to worship with us .
In 2017, I went to the land of Pokot. I was to hand prophesy. I didn't have a laptop and a projector; I didn't have prophetic charts, and this could not help because I was presenting at night and the congregants were deep in tradition and had never met with the word of God. I just knelt down and prayed for wisdom. There was a young man who had his barber shop; he never attended the meeting but in his shop he received the truth. He gave his life on Sabbath afternoon when we were going for baptism. He had bo extra clothes to change into. i ran to my bag and took my suit, and the man went to the water. My heart's desire is to see this man again. When I returned there, he had migrated from the place and left his job. I gaze; he became a missionary. Many of the locals were amazed at how he could baptise.
When God's Love Shines Through
IT was up in northern England at a miner's camp that young Missionary Henry Moorhouse was at work for God. A notorious servant of the evil one, Ike Miller, entered the place and took a seat near the front. This followed:
"Preachers and helpers trembled,for this wicked man had threatened to break up the services. Henry Moorhouse preached on God's love in Jesus Christ. He longed to reach the heart of the wild, grimy miner who sat so strangely quiet, gazing into his face.
"After the meeting, the men gathered around the preacher reproachfully, saying, 'Ah, Henry, you didn't preach right! You should have preached at Ike Miller. You had a great opportunity, and you lost it.
That soft sort of preaching won't do him any good. What does he care about love? You ought to have told him the dreadful punishment he is going to get.'
"The young preacher only said, 'I am really sorry I did not preach to him right. I did so want to help him.'
"Meanwhile, the big miner was tramping home. His wife ran in front of the children when he came in. She stared at him in bewilderment. He was not drunk; he was not scowling.
He hastened to her, but not to harm her. He put his arms around her, and kissed her, and said: 'Lass, God has brought your husband back to you.' Then, embracing the shrinking children, he continued, 'My little boy and girl, God has brought your father back to you. Now let us all pray,' and he knelt down on the rude cottage floor.
"There was silence except for many sobs; he could think of no words. His heart prayed, but Ike Miller had voiced no prayer since he was a little boy. At length, words from those distant days came hack to him—and with his no-more-to-be-abused family about him, he uttered between sobs:
"'Gentle Jesus, meek and mild, look upon a little child; pity my simplicity, and suffer me to come to Thee!' It is safe to let the Holy Spirit extol the love of Jesus through any preacher's voice, young or old, in any heathen stronghold—if and when God's love shines through.
No comments:
Post a Comment